Data Center Design: Maximizing ROI through Proper Data Center Cabling
Data center design is comprised of many different aspects of planning, strategy and tactics. What are your goals? What kind of space are you dealing with? What kinds of funds are available? You get the point.
Smart Data Center Design: Cabling
Most people involved with data center design have something in common. They want to maximize return on investment (ROI). One of the fundamental ways to make sure you are increasing ROI in your data center design is focusing proper data center cabling infrastructure.
Two-pronged Approach to Data Center Cabling
There are two ways to help you achieve ROI when it comes to data center cabling.
One way is take a long-term approach to designing your data center. You want to think in terms of future-proofing your data center. That means having a clean, flexible, well-organized design that incorporates strategies and tactics focusing on saving space and allowing you to make changes in a quick, simple manner. Your overall design philosophy is key.
The second way to help maximize ROI is investing in cabling products that (a) are built with industry-leading quality and forward-looking design (b) just last longer.
Sure, this sounds simple. But people have to know how to do this, how to recognize quality data center cable components and then actually put it all into action. If done correctly, you will maximize ROI, have longer use from your cabling infrastructure, and it will require less maintenance.
Here is a list of resources to help you learn about how to increase ROI from incorporating the right cabling strategy in your data center design.
Posts and articles:
- Getting higher ROI from data center infrastructure
- Read this before adding hardware to your data center
- Next generation data center nirvana; 1 more reason why layer one should not be ignored
- Cabling high-density switches in the data center - part 1
- Cabling high-density switches in the data center - part 2
- Reasons for re-cabling your data center
- Re-cabling your data center – part 2
Cable Video Tutorials:
- Structured Cabling System | Structured Cabling Tutorial
- OM3 and OM4 fiber | Optical Multi-mode Fiber Cable
- Virtualizing Server Infrastructure & the Cabling Infrastructure
- Re-Cabling Your Data Center
- High-Density Switch Cabling