This final chapter describes the cost-savings and overall efficiency of the multi-path solution, and the advantages of working with the CABLExpress team.
Would you like to learn more? Download our white paper on this topic here.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction to challenges for polarity in data centers
- Chapter 2 - Understanding MPO polarity
- Chapter 3 - Knowing the standards
- Chapter 4 - Optics from 10G to 400G
- Chapter 5 - Disadvantages of Method A TIA-568
- Chapter 6 - Analyzing Method B TIA-568
- Chapter 7 - Analyzing Method C TIA-568
- Chapter 8 - Introducing the multi-path solution
- Chapter 9 - Real-world examples of how multi-path works
- Chapter 10 - The advantages of a multi-path solution
Josh: All right. So I have a question. Earlier you had talked about ... you pointed out, people are just building something new. If you build something new every time you added things to your infrastructure, probably be pretty easy. But that's cost, that's not realistic for business.
So you have an existing infrastructure. You might have method A, you might have method B, you might have method C. You wanna start utilizing multi-path system. How are you gonna manage that, because now you're adding an additional system? I mean, that's gotta be inherent problems, but is there a way to mitigate those challenges?
Rick: Yeah, for example, one of the benefits CABLExpress has is, we have architects that, we spend 80% of our time in native centers, and the other 20% on standards boards and training people. There's not a simple answer for that, because if you continue with those particular methods that you chose, you would have the challenges anyway.
Rick: Okay. What we do is we would mitigate that, meaning is, we'd come in and evaluate what you had and show you the easiest migration path to utilize your existing infrastructure. Get it set. Make sure that now we know what the conductivity is. Bring it to where it needs to be as far as duplex conductivity goes, where parallel conductivity goes. And then implement the multi-path system in addition to that.
Once we implement that, then moving forward, it can be all multi-path. Like I said, this all depends on proprietary technology. We have the capability to manufacture certain products to bring that system over to a multi-path style interconnect.
Rick: So, for lack of a better term, there might be ... I know we talked a lot about conversion modules and things of this sort. There might have to be some conversion with the other methods over to, with the multi-path method should be. But that cost would be minimal.
Rick: Once we get over to that system, then moving forward, you're good to go.
Rick: No way to avoid that, obviously, 'cause you have that older system with its inherent problems. Nothing you can do. But, here's the thing, too. A lot of people don't realize this, maybe I shouldn't broadcast this to the industry, but these things that we do, the architects, my team, they're no charge. So, utilize us.
This is what our job is. We'll come in and evaluate what you have going on. We can make a recommendation moving forward. It's as simple as that, whether you choose to use us or not. That's where some of our value is. The onsite is off of us, give us a call.
Like I said, my architects, my team are scattered throughout the country. We can certainly arrange any kind of meetings that you might see fit or have some time for, for infrastructure evaluation.
Josh: I will tell ya, go back to my original thoughts of just seeing it at the Gartner 2017 Data Conference, things are so busy. The value proposition that you just spoke of that we offer is absolutely sound. People just don't have the time. They need resources. We're an excellent partner for that, and for the use of our architects right there.
You guys know what you're doing. You know what you're talking about. We have multiple ways to help out customers. It is a resource. It's, essentially, a free resource for customers to use. Something that is very costly, that often just gets minimized, or not even recognized, that causes major problems. You're the one who sees it all the time. You have gray beards from all those problems that happened in data center cabling.