2012 Data Center Executive Survey
Results provided insight on data center infrastructure, current and upcoming technologies and trends, and the state of the industry as a whole.
Attendees represented companies in the commercial (48%), healthcare (34%), education (9%) and financial (9%) sectors. Average company size of those represented was 20,000 employees.
- 44% of respondents were most concerned with business continuance, disaster recovery, backup and maximizing uptime as they looked to designing their next-gen data center infrastructure.
- Other concerns were ranked as follows: capital and operational expenses (31%), creating IT agility (19%), and security and compliance (6%)
- 72% are looking forward to adopting some type of converged data center fabric, such as Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE). 53% plan on implementation within two years.
Virtualization & Cloud Computing
- 42% believe virtualization and cloud computing will ultimately drive the adoption of their data center design due to business needs.
- Others are driven by capital expenses (32%) and operational variables (16%).
- 53% of respondents do not currently follow the Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard for Data Centers (TIA-942) structured cabling standards.